Monday, October 19, 2009

Gamechanger, part 2

Continuing on from last time is the second part of my "gamechanger" post which only exists as I rambled too much in part 1. I picked up my car on Saturday and over the course of the weekend and today's commute I must have easily travelled 100+ miles. I am a little nervous when first starting off on a journey - it's a little scary

I took some snaps in between the time of running over flowerbeds at my Nan's house - "you got the one with the sexy arse" exclaimed my friend Carl when laying eyes on what has been my most expensive purchase EVAR!!1 Seriously, the only way I will top this is buying a house, or a more expensive car.


It's been great to save the time on my commute - I am now leaving later in the morning, and once I get the route down I could probably leave even later still. It's also very pleasant being back home much earlier and not being a bit sweaty from the approximate 3 miles I walk each day. It's nice to look at the clock when I got in earlier and think I wouldn't be half-way home if I was still going via public transport. I won't be doing anything more or new first thing in the morning, but getting in earlier obviously gives me more time - more time than I'm used to or know what to do with. One thing is with the extra time available, not being a bit knackered when finally getting in and not walking 3 miles every day means that I should and will be able to go to the gym more frequently. Often I'd find a regular schedule difficult to maintain as I would be too tired or just completely unmotivated after a rough day at work to go.



At the start of the year, I set myself 3 major goals and I've achieved one - learning to drive and having a car of my own. The other two goals are to get fitter, and with getting back sooner I should be able to develop a regular schedule. Looking ahead and there's 2 and a bit months left, which should be enough time to get fitter and into better shape. The final goal is to find a new job which has been tough so far - lots of applications, a couple of failed interviews, but again being able to drive and not be tied down to public transport opens up a lot more opportunities.
I think the target for the rest of the week will be to get down the gym on a regular basis, get more acclimatised to the commute and towards the end of the week, hit the job search hard. And who knows I might be able to free up some time to blog more.

0 comments: