Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Community

Community is a show I've started watching thanks to the endorsement by the Totally Rad Show and after a slow start where it looked like it would be pigeon holed as a B-List Comedy but getting into the second half and it has established itself as a very good show - one I will definitely continue to watch after I have exhausted the first season.


Just like all comedies, it stars a bunch of misfits, of all shapes, sizes and creeds and because of this it takes a while to establish a unique voice for all of these characters and get them gelling together. The comedy is based around a community college and these group of people meet through an arranged study session for their shared Spanish class. You wouldn't believe it but the community college is a little weird and full of odd characters, in particular Professor Chang who always threatens to steal the scene.
A pretty funny show and I do enjoy the Abed and Troy scene they append to the end of the show.

But of course, no good show would be any good without a bit of eye candy. That's probably very sexist of me, but I think there's something for the female audience too.
Just like Scrubs is centered around the character of JD, I feel the show is presented through the eyes of Jeff Winger (What a name!) so the main love interest is the corresponding lead Character Britta. Now, don't get me wrong Britta is very cute, but unfortunately for her, my show crush goes to Annie, played by Alison Brie.


Annie is the "goody-two-shoes" girl and I'm a sucker for that - I literally can't stop myself fawning in my own company when she is on screen. Apparently she is Scream 4 - maybe I should watch that. As I have alluded to on this blog about Scarlett Johansson, I am attracted to the character they play as the actress in real life is probably nothing like that (if they are a good actress) -That being said, have you seen Scarlett in Iron Man 2?! Daaammmn!
I remember thinking that Battlestar Galactica didn't have much eye candy but of course there's No. 6 but because of her character I wasn't into her that much. That being said, the "human" version of her that turns up in the fleet (the one with the glasses and the ponytail) was pretty hot lawl.

The bottom line, Community is a pretty funny show, go watch it and thank me later. If you don't like it then don't bother me with your problems.

Here's thinking about going back into education and hopefully meeting a girl like Annie...

0 comments: