Friday, June 29, 2007

The State of Blogs to come...

Hey all, again I have neglected this blog over the last few weeks despite a couple of noteworthy events happening etc. Anyways, I plan to hit the heavy stuff a little later in the evening, but first some lighter stuff.

First things first, I've made a few small cosmetic changes to the look of the blog. Probs the most noticable is the header image I've added to the, believe it or not, header.  Yeah, no particular reason for the water, I was just looking through this archive of random wallpapers I downloaded a while back, looking for something I could take a slither off to turn into some cool artsy background. Well I went for this ocean scene with dolphins jumping. I almost cropped a dolphin into the header image but thought that would be a little lame, so just kept to the waves.  The colour of the sea being pretty close to the standard background I had before has meant that I have kept the header text white.  I've also changed the blog title and added a subtitle, subtly withdrawing one of the many names under which I go.  Wow, who thought you could talk at length about some small changes to a blog header lol.

There is one small problem with the new header image, in the fact that it has a fixed size. I spent some time trying to find a solution to the problem as if the blog is viewed in resolutions of 800x600 or dare I say it, lower then the header image overhangs the header and doesn't look very pretty indeed. Also due to the limitations of my available monitors, I have not seen it above 1024x768 and I don't want to think about it - I was suprised it was not more of a common problem, but I gave it a good search but gave up after a few hours. My advice, only view this site in 1024x768 resolution, kthx :D

 

Other changes are to do with the Last.fm quilts sitting in the sidebar.  Thanks to the efforts of the last.fm development team, they've now developed multiple sizes for the quilts, so I've opted for the smaller ones. It's ok folks, the pictures swap round so you can still watch in awe and see/read the artists/albums I hold dear.

Also new in this post is my use of Windows Live Writer in composing this blog entry.  I read that version 2 had entered beta phase on the blogger main page, so I'd thought I'd give it a go, hopefully it won't fuck it up completely.  It has been found to work ok with Blogger so I don't foresee any problems, so if it works out I will use it more in the future, and possibly make more exciting blog entries, with pictures and definite links, rather than me kinda rambling about something I read/watched but may in fact of dreamt up, mmm.

 

Take it easy...

1 comments:

Andrew said...

You need to make your blog about baseball, because THE BREWERS ARE IN FIRST PLACE! (This has never happened in my lifetime, seriously...)

Andy