Saturday, February 09, 2008

New header image...

O
h my god! I've just spent a fair chunk of the morning, sorting out the header image on this lurvely blog, and man am I fed up with Internet Explorer. I was getting the image being rendered perfectly in Firefox but I was getting rather bizarre behaviour from IE7. Thankfully, with Microsoft copying Firefox, there are addons available in much the same vein as extensions in FF. So I went off and downloaded my first (and probably last) addon for IE7. That being a DOM inspector much like ones already available in FF.

Anyways, firing that up and returning to this blog page I started to diagnose the problem. Strangely enough it was flagging that there were margin and border properites being applied although I knew from staring at the CSS in another tab that those attributes had long been commented out. Seems IE7 does some weird caching of CSS stuff. Anyways, I went back in, explicitly told IE7 not to stick any margins, borders etc in places and voila! both browsers render it pretty much the same.
Man, it's like having to guide a child round the shops. "No! We must go down this aisle dammnit!"

Time to recover from IE-induced stress *sigh*
Take it easy

0 comments: