Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Rock Band EU details released finally!

I was just goin about my normal lunchtime internet browsing when I stumbled on an article that Rock Band is finally been given a European release date.
Good news you're thinking, I had the opportunity, thanks to my good buddy Adam to try the US version many many months ago - probs around 6 months ago. First off, I was very miffed that the wait is so long (release date May 23rd) they ("they" being either EA or MTV, or a combination of them both) decided to shaft us even more in the PAL territories.
Usually when it comes to pricing, they don't actually convert the currency but rather lazily they swap the $ sign for a £ sign. Whilst that's not great, it's something we Europeans have gritted our teeth and beared with, but the Rock Band pricing is ridiculous.
They've decided to, rather than sell the game + guitar, drums, mic all in one package, and instead sell just the game on it's own and then the instruments seperately. Not only that but the instruments alone will cost £130 with the game expected to retail initially at £50. What's worse is remembering that the US got this over 6 months ago AND for the price of approximately £90. This article on Kotaku, particularily the comments reiterate my anger at these decisions.
I always said that I would be getting it when it is finally released, but now it seems simply too much of a ripoff - I really hope that people have some sense and stay away come end of May, and force them to drop the price hard and fast.

EA and MTV, you've just lost my patronage.

0 comments: