Monday, March 31, 2008

Add this to facebook <click here>

Just a quick post mentioning something I should have done a long time ago and that is add some blog presence to my facebook profile.
It's quite funny that I added the BlogFriends application, a viral take on blog sharing, the premise being that other blog posts which I would be interested will be highlighted to me, prompting me to click, and vice versa with people potentially interested in my posts.
This works fine, and it showing a blog post made in the news feed is cool, I often check the facebook home page to check the news feed items of friends, whether that be status updates, new photo albums, one of the better things about facebook. Ok, so I must resist a rant about what is wrong with facebook and we all know what it is, and so do the 100+ invites I currently have - and that's probably too much of a clue. Anyways, no sooner had I added BlogFriends, that the developers go ahead and announce that they can no longer continue the project. Great, I think, is there an alternative facebook app out there. Now before I stumbled I checked out Widgetbox and there clever idea of taking a blog and making a widget out of it, which they cleverly called a blidget - pretty clever guys...
Whilst great in principle it seemed a bit clunky with the facebook integration, and at the end of the day it was nothing more than a list of post titles which can easily be pulled from the RSS feed and placed into a shiny box.
I had a look a few hours back, and a quick search later, and FlogBlog was offered to me. Yes, the dream of joining the Flogosphere and other bastardised terms await me.
It lists a number of recent blog posts on my profile which will click through to the blog thanks to a quick tinker with the settings. Not sure what will happen in response to a new post, if it adds a mention of this, along with title and linked up back to the blog itself then I will announce myself chuffed.
Yes, this has been a bit of a contrived post, a small milestone, this is post #50. Whilst that's great, it's not that many when considering the lifeline of the blog. I'm thinking of really getting the hammer down and working on developing a new positive habit, to go along with the others (more about that in a later post). Thinking a target of 10 posts a month should be achievable, that's approximately a post every 3 days. Like with new habits I've found it's all about little steps, so expect smaller bitesized posts to go along with the number of the themed posts which I have currently in the works.
Wow, that was actually much longer, enjoy and if you're coming from Facebook and have a blog of your own, then add the facebook app and I'll become an avid reader - I've been meaning to add some more links as I promised, so a set of links of blogs which I actually read on a regular basis would be a rather cool segment.
Take it easy.

0 comments: