Sunday, April 11, 2010

Moving on up

I was going to reference the "Rawhide" song as a play on words against the fact that I am officially moving soon - plus name dropping as I did achieved the same effect, the Blues Brothers version of the song is awesome.
Enough swooning over songs, I am indeed moving very soon, May in fact, so these next few months are all about cutting back and counting those pennies...

It's pretty lame timing that the remaining balance I need to pay against my (still shiny) new iMac is due in May, and the deal with dropping a huge amount of money on deposit and the 1st month's worth of rent means that anything like new non-essential purchases and travel need heavy consideration and most likely vetoed.
In that respect I am thankful that I set aside the time to manage my spending. So no real big changes in April unfortunately, although new surroundings offer a perfect opportunity to start new productive habits before I slip into the old groove.

In other news, I started doing some programming at work and coupled with the home study course I'm working on means an upturn in my prospects. At some point this month (or perhaps the next) I will add these programming feats to my CV and start the job search again, although I'll probably start to concentrate on that again after the move. Spending is going to be tight for the next 2 months, but the rent of the new place is a good chunk cheaper so should work out in the long run (we hopes)

Sorry this post doesn't hold the promise of change the others have, but I feel it necessary to do these posts each month. A thought went through my head about turning this post into a podcast episode, but thought better of it. That being said, I have yet to record a podcast on my iMac so I will have to give it a go - the problem is having a subject to drop a monologue on, and at times of inspiration when I construct a convincing narrative in my head, I am elsewhere so it never really comes together.

0 comments: