Saturday, June 02, 2012

Using Spotify more...

The title says it all really. I've known about Spotify for a long time but I haven't been a bigger user of the service. I personally struggle to force myself to spend time crafting playlists - I much prefer to stick the iPod on the overall shuffle and go with the large hopper of songs.
That being said, I'm slowly coming round to the use of Spotify and believe it's only a matter of time before I end going for the subscription and removing the annoying ads (oh and allowing more plays of individual songs and being able to play more songs in a month of course!). To that end I've set myself a challenge to use Spotify more proactively - a lot of the times I will create playlists which are simply whole albums of artists.

Satisfying the DJ inside me, I've decided to put together (at least for now) one playlist a month with the aim of approx CD length i.e max 74 mins so if someone wanted to rip to a CD they totally could. Another restriction is an artist only appears once in the playlist (a golden rule of a good DJ set) plus I like there to be some kind of a flow through the songs.
To which I present you my May 2012 playlist - enjoy!

I'm also going to impose an extra restriction and that an artist can't appear in my monthly playlists in consecutive months. Maybe a little harsh if I'm going through a particular band phase but hey, variety is the spice of life!

I appreciate any feedback and look out for next month's playlist.

0 comments: