Tuesday, May 07, 2013

The archives are interesting

That's true I think. For some reason I found myself looking at Google Analytics for this blog - it's always interesting to see how people stumble here and what they decide to look at. That being said I believe most people that go here are people I know in the real world, or fans of Bottom and drinking. Yes, that's right, one of my most popular posts is my Bottom Drinking Game - a game of drinking to the British TV Show Bottom (it is literally middle-aged Young Ones).
Anyways, I fell down the rabbit-hole revisiting some old posts which others had been checking out and it's made me want to blog again, so I shall try!


It has been close to a year since I last posted and a lot of stuff has happened. Well, that makes out my life is more exciting than it is. The big and obvious thing is I switched jobs but I think I may come to that in a separate post - there's a lot to cover.
The one post that sparked this motivation was reading an old post back from the TJ Hughes days, so before my first full-time job, the weird year out after University. I won't recount it here, you can go read it if you so wish. It was fascinating to read what I had obviously written but it sounded so detached, so different (well, different enough), I can't imagine writing it today. Again, another post I read was about moving to my current dwelling and how upbeat I was and moaning about the downstairs neighbour and I couldn't help but think, we're here now thinking the same thing. Another big development is I'm buying a house (hopefully! It's been tough to find one that is both appealing and not already bought by another prospective buyer curses!)

A lot of the time I can't be bothered with blogging. I find myself thinking that I have more important stuff like watching an episode of that new US comedy, or playing the latest video game, or... erm. Oh dear. So we're going to try a little harder because that interesting hour I spent re-reading old posts made me want to capture what's going on right now and add to this building time capsule that is ultimately my life. I want to cringe again like I did reading the post about stalking the "hot librarian chick". Perhaps I should feel shame for past words but I must have believed in them at the time and that, that I find fascinating. Perhaps it's egotistical to get excited at my own work but hey someone has to!
To lay blame somewhere, perhaps I use twitter too much to throw out a thought but it doesn't ultimately crystallise me as a person I guess. Instead of writing a post about some TV show, or something that has just got stuck in my head

So we've got a lot to catch up on, but I didn't feel like vomiting up the last year right now. I quite liked the sign-off I used to do so let's restart that tradition...

Here's blogging at you kid.


0 comments: