Thursday, April 26, 2007

Blogging Promotion

Hey, new blog, and second of the day. I was reading one of the top blogs on Technorati, and it actually contained a blog mentioning how to improve the quality and readership of one's blog. One of the tips was to keeping blogs shorter and more focused, one thing I am guilty of not doing. So here we are, trying to put these ideas into practice, and here's the seperate blog to go with it lol.

Another idea was to link to other people's blogs, so I'm starting a call to the masses: If you want your blog to be linked from here, contact me, and that goes for both friends and strangers. To my friends, you know the correct channels of contact, and to strangers, don't hesitate to mail me - I'm not sure if I have put up contact details on here, but if I have, then power to you stranger, and if I like your blog, then I will happily link it, and probably become an avid fan and follower of it :D.

When I get round to uploading this later this eve no doubt, I should link the article. And here it is - quite a smart blog, it may ahve to be one for the future. Another pointer was to maintain very good, or more accuractely correct grammar in your blog. I think I mostly achieve this, although there is no doubt a few spelling mistakes from the frenetic pace of my touch typing, plus grammar is fine except if I type the shorthand "ppl" or drop into the kind of typing that I usually reserve for the chat channels for WoW - i.e. slightly broken english with just enough information in the sentence to illustrate the main point, or lots of terminology, which is always a good thing :D.

I don't think it's wise for this newly adopted blog etiquette that I start waffling about something else. Saying that, the monkey guy read my last post about geeks which was a tiny bit lengthy which reminds me I need to ask the guy how he stumbled onto my blog. Also he commented that I could be the first geek stud, which is my bad cos the Japanorama programme mentioning how thanks to the Otaku movement gaining momentum, some of the more outgoing ones have decided to enjoy the spoils of this newly found fame, so actually there exist a good number of geek studs out there.

"Hey, do you wanna IM later?"
"I'm IEEE standards complaint, if you know what I mean?!"

Take it Easy
J-Man.

0 comments: