Thursday, April 26, 2007

Earning as you blog, an interesting concept...

Hey peeps, it's blogging time again, and I finally uploaded some of the backlog onto the site. I've added a few things as I've already mentioned earlier, and I reckon it's looking quite spiffy so far. I have even got a comment from a monkey! Well Ape to be precise, but monkey is a funnier word. Although I will take this moment now to break the dream and say that the guy isn't an ape much to your and his dismay probably - to quote Stewie "It's fun to pretend".


Moving on, and every couple of months or so, I get excited by the idea of paid blogging, or more accurately blogging and receiving money thanks to placing Ads on your site. There is fact a blog dedicated to promoting the idea of achieving a respectable income from blogging - Problogger.net if I have remembered the address. Most of this income comes from ad clicks generated by visitors to your blog as I just mentioned, but some more extreme ideas come in the form of being sponsored for blogging on particular subjects. I found a semi-old post on a WoW fansite, it may have even been theinstance.net, but it mentioned that the site WowInsider were looking for people to blog about aspects on the game and get paid for it. This sounded a tempting prospect, but I'm not in a good position to do this as I'm not supremely interested in the Lore aspect, and my raiding experience is minimal, and despite putting in a healthy (read: unhealthy) number of hours, I still don't feel quite expert on it.

I have actually already signed up for an adsense account so when that gets sorted, I will have google ads on my new blog, despite me not feeling 100% comfortable with trying to force products and/or services at people.

I can't go without saying that if anyone out there wants to sponsor me to blog about any particular subjects, am I prepared to throw in my 2 cents. Like when I started the participation in stumbling with StumbleUpon, there is a possibility of being sponsored to "stumble". This idea intrigued me, so I wrote a quikc sponsorship blurb, but there were so many "asking" for sponsorship giving quite lame and uninspiring reasons like "I need the money, I'm broke!". I tried to make mine as witty as possible, but I've heard nothing since writing it lol.

0 comments: