Saturday, June 07, 2008

A Photo a day...

Keeps the Camera Fairy away... erm, yeah that'll work. But if I can talk seriously for a moment, I came across a cool article through Digg (EDIT: it turns out, I didn't digg it back in the day, I've just dugg it now :S). The article in question highlighted the efforts of this guy, what he had done was to take a photo every day, right up until he died. The photos picked out in the article are very striking, my respect goes out to the guy for keeping up the photo a day especially in the hardship later on.

What an absolutely cool idea, it has been done before, famously there's those guys that have taken a self-portrait every day and formed a video of it, seeing how their hair changes and how they slowly get older - although strangely enough their expression never seems to change.

Anyways, I've been toying with the idea of getting a new digital camera since, well, my current one stopped working.

although strangely enough their expression never seems to change

I've posted a few photos to the blog and of course my flickr but they have come from my phone and as we can see from the evidence, the quality is quite poor. I've taken what I've described as "graffiti" snaps - just random pictures of things that amuse or amaze me whilst I'm out of my travels. I was thinking of carrying on and doing the same but with a digital camera. Now the camera I would be aim to get would ideally be quite small, more importantly very slim so I can easily put it into my pocket. It would have to have a fair optical zoom and some kind of auto-steady feature to negate my shaking hands (see my latest rock band pic).
Unfortunately at the moment my budget does not extend to a luxury purchase such as a digital camera, maybe it'll be a birthday treat from me, but as soon as I have it it would be something very cool to start up. Expect more "graffiti" pics, maybe some random takes on my travels and I'll probs throw in some self-portraits for good measure.

0 comments: