Friday, May 09, 2008

Cool Twitter Visualisation (self-explanatory!)

Whilst wasting time on the Intenets browsing for third-party twitter apps and the like, I spotted this site www.wefeelfine.org. What can I say it is pretty cool, sometimes a little haunting, but just proves what can be done with a bit of imagination and of course the twitters that are happening right now.
It's basically a set of interesting ways to view some of the twitters going on - I find the Murmurs option is those twitters that start with "I feel" and some of them are shockingly honest. I almost feel a little guilty reading them.

These visualisations are all based off twitter, which for the uninitiated is a micro-blogging platform. You send one line messages and people following you will receive the message. I think it's pretty awesome but then again I'm quite into all this blogging malarky so no surprise there. So far it's pretty big in the US and Japan, but there is some penetration (hurhur!) in the UK. I like to think of myself as a trend setter - there are in fact only two people in Kidderminster who use it, myself and this guy called Tim.

I like the idea as I can throw out little snippets and thoughts which aren't worthy of a full blog post but still worthy enough to throw out there. You can check out my tweets (I believe that's the technical term) at twitter.com/jimiminar. If you like it then join up and follow me, I make a promise to follow anyone that follows me automatically (unless they're some kind of spambot) so help spread the word.

0 comments: